Suanne Petroff, RNCS, FNP, CNN
This satellite symposium
is sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant
from Ortho Biotech, Inc. This activity
has been planned and produced in accordance with
CE guidelines and policies. From a CE symposium
held on April 21, 2005 at the American Nephrology
Nurses' Association (ANNA) Fall Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This symposium was provided by ANNA.
This activity has been awarded 1.5 contact hours by
the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) which
is accredited as a provider and approver of continuing
education in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center-Commission on Accreditation (ANCC-COA).
After participating in this program, the participant should be able to:
Posting Date: October 15, 2005
CE Credit Eligible
October 15, 2006
CE Credit Hours/Completion Time: 1.5
Target Audiences: Nurses, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare professionals who treat and manage patients with CKD.
Method of participation: Listen to the talk, read the PubMed
abstracts linked to data slides and talk references, take the post-test, read
the linked abstracts in the post-test answer feedback material.
- Discuss the scope of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and its comorbidities
- Implement new approaches to manage the anemia associated with CKD
- Describe the role of the nephrology nurse and other members of the collaborative team in the screening, diagnosis, and management of anemia
- Examine ways to partner with patients in self management of CKD
- Improve the awareness and decision-making of patients with CKD
Suanne Petroff: Advisory Board: Ortho Biotech; Grant support: Ortho Biotech; Speakers Bureau: Ortho Biotech.
| SPEAKER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
The CE policy and disclosure statements of the American Nephrology Nurses' Association
are given in detail on the Symposium
Home Page. The CE policy statements of HDCN are
| ANNA and HDCN CE POLICY