|Instructions for burning CDs
If you wish to burn these audiofiles to the CD, make sure you select
"AUDIO CD" format. Both mp3 and wma files can be recorded
as audio CD files. The CD burner software automatically converts these
files to CDA format, which is a standard used by all CD players. Most
CD burning software accepts both WMA and MP3 files, although some
software will not accept WMA files. For this reason, as of March,
2004, we are providing audiofiles in both WMA and MP3 format . For
earlier files, please download the WMA to MP3 converter specified
in the HDCN Audio FAQ
If you record wma or mp3 files directly to the CD without choosing
"AUDIO CD", your CD will be recorded as a Data CD,
and only players capable of decoding those files will be able to play
your talks, and the CD that you make will not be playable in a standard
Audio CD Burning steps:
- Please download the WMA or MP3 file to your PC in whatever folder
you wish to store it.
- Open your CD burning software (Nero, Roxio Easy CD or other)
- Choose the "Audio CD" option (NOT the DATA CD option!
- Browse to the place where you stored the downloaded files to
load them into the recording program (You can drag & drop
from Windows Explorer)
- Click "Burn CD" or "Record" button
- If in doubt, ask someone under 17 years of age to help you!